A variety of skill levels are available to children of Iredell County.
- Recreation soccer is offered for ages 5-12 (U6 to U12).
- Some children age 4 may be eligible to play depending on date of birth.
Once registration is complete, local soccer association coordinators will assign children to teams and schedule practices. Practices are usually through the week, with all games played on Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays.
2021 Spring Recreation Soccer
Good Afternoon Recreation Soccer Families of Iredell County!
On behalf of Iredell County Parks and Recreation Department and IMPACT FC, we are happy to announce that the 2021 Spring Season Recreation Soccer registration is now open! We are very excited about the 2021 spring season, and would like to take a moment to provide some helpful information regarding some program changes and guide you through the registration process.
For those who may not be aware, Iredell County Parks and Recreation Department and ICRD (known as Impact FC since 2014) have worked collaboratively since 1997, under one charter with the North Carolina Youth Soccer Association (NCYSA) providing various recreation, challenge, classic and academy programs for players in Iredell County. The countless hours of volunteerism from the community organizations who also support the program, combined with the administration of the program are all contributing factors to the success each year.
Many of you know that back in the fall of 2020, COVID-19 disrupted all sense of normalcy and limited our ability to offer recreational play. Impact approached the County and offered to run the recreation soccer program because they had greater flexibility under the standing Executive Order. Because of their existing representation within the NCYSA Charter, the interim transition proved to be the best option at the time to get our children back on the fields and actively playing ball. While the season was put together in a very short amount of time, and presented a number of challenges, we learned, listened, and have tried to implement improvements.
As NCDHHS and the CDC guidance continues to categorize soccer as a yellow sport for now, Iredell County and Impact FC have been in discussions to continue the collaborative interim management of the recreation soccer program for Spring 2021. Several information gathering sessions have been conducted and the final details, including season rates and dates were presented to County Administration. On January 21st, the agreement for the Spring 2021 season was approved and now we are excited to officially announce we are working together in providing a safe, fun, and affordable recreation soccer program. We hope you will considering joining the fun!
To register your player please go to https://www.impactfutbolclub.com/Default.aspx?tabid=411108
Alternatively, please visit www.impactfutbolclub.com go to the programs tab and let the drop down box appear then select "IFC / ICRD Rec Soccer Spring 2021 Season". Scroll to bottom of the page and there you will find the registration link for your player. If you are a new player, it will ask you to create an account first before checking out for your rec program.
During the registration process you will be asked a series of questions based on the needs of your player, questions such as, what school district do you wish to play/ train under. Here you will select the school district you wish to play soccer for. If your school district does not appear on the options you can choose, please select your nearest/ next preferred school district, leave a comment in the comments box that your school district was unavailable and one of our IFC staff will contact you directly.
That's right! This season we are providing you all with brand new uniforms. Within the registration questions, you will be asked your requested sizes for shirt, short and socks. Based on this information, we will place an order to our partners at soccer shop (PlayWatchWear.com). Once we receive your order, the orders will be given to your school district coordinator for them to distribute to you at practices. For information on sizes, we are working on placing size information on both our webpage and within the registration process. This information should be available within the next few days. If you would like to visit our partners in person, the nearest local store is located at 532 N liberty St, Winston-Salem NC 27101. Please tell them you are playing within the IFC/ ICRD recreational soccer program and they will be happy to let you try on samples to help determine your exact size. Also please note, any IFC member gets a 10% discount off any Nike purchase in store or online at PlayWatchWear.com
Once you have registered your player, you will wait to hear from your team coach. Your coach will let you know your practices and games schedules. For everyone's information, practices are scheduled to start the week of February 22nd and the first round of games to start March 6th. Coaches should be reaching out to you all a week or so in advance to give you all the information you need. In the meantime, get on a ball and get practicing those all-important soccer skills for the upcoming season.
End of Season Tournament
Every Spring season, Impact FC hosts its annual Crossroads tournament, this year being our 9th annual tournament. We are happy to announce that this season we have opened up a recreation specific division and invite all of our recreational teams to end their season with a blast at our tournament. Tournament dates are May 15th & 16th. If you have not attended one of our tournaments before, please don't miss out this year on such a great fun filled soccer weekend. We play host to over 120 teams, food trucks, photo options, fun games such as beat the keeper and bring hundreds of players and their families to our community. We can't wait to see you there.
Important contact Information
Please know that someone is always here to help. If you have any questions at all or would like to just get to know the program and what we have to offer a little better please do not hesitate to reach out. Here is who to contact:
- Administrational needs firstname.lastname@example.org
- IFC Technical Director/ Head of IFC Rec - Jason Stock email@example.com
- IFC Director of Coaching - Craig Hollis firstname.lastname@example.org
- County specific questions - Daniel Taylor email@example.com
For any and all specific team needs (team schedules, practice/ game locations, changes in schedules etc...) please contact your team coach and or school district coordinator.
WE NEED YOU
Our recreation program is only as good as the people who work very hard to produce a quality program for the youth of our county. If you are someone who feels they would like to give some time to our county's youth, has an open mind to learn the game of soccer, and learn how to teach this great game to our children, then please contact your community or school district coordinator to become a recreation team coach. Your time would be greatly appreciated, and valued more than you can imagine.
We would like to thank you all for your time and look forward to seeing you all on the fields this season.
Iredell County Parks and Recreation Department
2021 Spring - Registration Information & Dates
- Registration Dates: Now - February 5th
- Registration Fees: (U6 = $65 & U8 & Up = $90)*
- Game Dates: March 6th - April 24th
No games Easter weekend on April 3rd
- Makeup Game Dates: May 1st & 8th
- Fall season registration usually starts early July 12th and runs through the mid-August. Please contact your local soccer coordinator with the "Soccer Sign Up Chart" list below for registration details once we return back to play.
- Signs and information should be posted in your area, or you can contact Iredell County Parks & Recreation office and we will be happy to get you registration information. (Please see the chart above for specific information. If your district/school is not listed, please contact our office).
- Player fees for soccer vary per district, but typically range from $60-120. This should include the player uniform, referee/equipment/administrative fees, and state-required insurance for the soccer year.
- Coordinators will need to verify the player's birth certificate during registration
(please bring a copy for validation)
Recreation Season Dates
- Regular season matches will be played on Saturdays and Sundays, and start the weekend of September 11, 2021 and end by October 16, 2021, weather permitting. Some U6 soccer games will also be played on Friday evenings.
- Possible regular season make up weekend is October 23rd & 24th.
- Teams may choose to play in our end of season soccer tournament scheduled for October 30 & 31st or November 6th & 7th at $40 per team.
- Last possible date for the 2021 Fall ICPRD Soccer Tournament is November 13th & 14th.